Glenn Ellard the recently appointed Times editor was a guestspeaker at the Rotary Club of Milton Ulladulla meeting last week.
Nanjing Night Net

Glenn has had some 35 years experience in working withsuburban and country newspapers in country Victoria, Melbourne and in theShoalhaven.

Glenn likes the idea of service clubs and their role in thecommunities.

Service clubs focus on their community but also reach out tohelp other countries.

In this way, service clubs work for the greater good oftheir community.

Glenn went on to say that newspapers offer a similar serviceby being an advocate for a community by attempting to balance the views thatcontributors may have.

People have the freedom to contribute their ideas and thelocal newspaper becomes a forum whereideas and opinions may be exchanged.

Communities need their newspapers so that they can read thenews about people in their community.

In turn, newspapers are able to provide differentexperiences for their readers.

To some extent communities have ownership of theirnewspaper.

This strengthens the community by keeping them wellinformed.

Glenn suggested that figures indicate that 80 per cent ofcountry people read their papers and the other 20 per cent obtain their newsthrough other devices such as the internet or iPads.

GETTING TO KNOW YOU: Carolyn Campbell, Glenn Ellard, John Hozack, Terry Marchello and (front) Yvonne Young at the Rotary Club of Milton Ulladulla meeting last week.

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.

Similar Posts